Teenage schoolgirl dies after charging phone exploded on her pillow

30 Sep 2019 | by Diana Kendall

A teenage schoolgirl passed away after her charging smartphone exploded on her pillow while she slept.The tragic incident took place in in Bastobe, Kazakhstan.

  • Teenage schoolgirl dies after charging phone exploded on her pillow
    Teenage schoolgirl dies after charging phone exploded on her pillow

Alua Asetkyzy Abzalbek, 14, went to bed listening to music as many teenagers do at her home.

The next morning she was found dead with the phone's battery having exploded close to her head.

Her device had been plugged in to a power socket, said police. She is believed to have suffered severe head injuries and died on the spot.

Forensic experts later confirmed that the mobile exploded in the early morning after overheating as it charged and this was the cause of death, said local reports.

Teenage schoolgirl dies after charging phone exploded on her pillow

Her death was described as a 'tragic accident' while the brand of smartphone was not disclosed.

Alua's distraught best friend posted: "I still cannot believe it. You were the best. We have been together since childhood. It is so hard for me without you. I miss you so much. You have left me forever."

This isn't the first report of a phone blowing up and causing injuries to the owner. 

SHARE